Skip to content ↓

Our Wessex family of schools


Dorset Council provide free school transport to the Purbeck School for students who meet their eligibility criteria. They will let you know if your child is eligible when they offer a school place. For more information, please go to their school transport website.

If your child has an EHCP, you can find information on School and college travel assistance for students with SEND.

Bus routes and timetables:

To view school bus routes, and timetables and find your nearest stop, please follow this link. The departure time may be subject to change as the bus companies continually adjust services to accommodate new passengers. Please therefore make sure that your child arrives at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before the scheduled departure time.

Bus passes:

All students MUST have a valid bus pass throughout the year. We recommend that your child take a photo of their new bus pass, so that if it is lost or damaged, then they are still able to access school transport.

Lost or damaged cards must be replaced at your own expense. These will cost £25. Replacements can be arranged by contacting Damory on 01202 338420 or by emailing

Sixth Form students:

If your child will be joining sixth form, there is no automatic entitlement to free home to school or college transport once a student is over 16. However, if places are available on school transport vehicles, (not public service buses) families can apply through the Surplus Seat Travel Scheme. There is a charge for using these seats. In some cases, the local authority can assist with travel expenses in certain circumstances.

Applying for a surplus seat does not guarantee you a seat – please ensure that you have alternative transport in place in the event of there not being any spare seats available. Click on this link for more information.

Change of circumstances:

If you change address at any time, then you must inform Dorset Travel by emailing

Contact Dorset Travel:

If you have any queries about school transport, then please…