The new SIMS Parent app – easy access to important school information
We are pleased to announce the launch of SIMS Parent, a convenient new way to share information with you about your child’s school life.
SIMS Parent will replace Moodle, a system which many parents have used for the last few years. SIMS Parent allows you to access our student data system from a smartphone, tablet or PC – anytime, anywhere. It is really easy to set up and convenient to use. You can even use your preferred social media login to access the app.
What will you find in SIMS Parent:
- Important information such as attendance, and timetables for your child
- School term, inset dates and contact details
- Access your child’s Progress Reports
- Notifications to remind you about important information such as key dates for your diary
- Access to update your contact details, so we always have the most up-to-date information in case of emergency
- If you have more than one child at The Purbeck School, you’ll have access to information for all your children, from the same app.
- In the future, the app will also show notifications and details of your child’s homework, achievements and behaviour.
The information that you receive through the app will help you to stay up-to-date with your child’s school life as well as support your child’s development and progress.
If you require further information about SIMS Parent, please go to https://www.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk/information/sims-parent/
Getting started with the SIMS Parent app
- Activation emails have been sent to Y8-Y13 parents over the last few weeks. Year 7 parents will receive invites this week. Simply click on the link from your tablet, PC or smartphone to activate your account.
- You can then login using your normal Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft username and password.
- From your smartphone or tablet, download the app from the Google Play or Apple App store – search for SIMS Parent.
- From a PC or Windows phone, login online at sims-parent.co.uk
If you need extra help, please email email@example.com.
Please note that your activation email is unique to you and should not be used by anyone else. If you have not notified us about others requiring parental responsibility, simply make the request within the app and we will issue an activation email.
Your activation email will expire after 14 days if it is not used, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a replacement after this date.
We hope you will enjoy using the new Sims Parent app.