The Development Trust was established in 2015 as a charitable organisation to raise much needed funds for the school. As a result of the fund raising and generous donations the Trust has been able to support a number of key school projects.
- In 2016 money was donated to the school so that it could establish and resource a Special Educational Needs library. The school now has a dedicated, relevant, and age appropriate reading materials for all students.
- In 2017/18 the trust released funds for the STEM club (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths). This club engages many of our students and is in constant need of the latest equipment.
The Trust has over the past three years also been raising funds for its primary goal. To support the redevelopment of the school hall. The hall opened in 1981 has had very little refurbishment work done since and is in need of updating. The hall is the central hub of the school and is used on a daily basis not only for school but also community events. To this end the trust set itself a target of £30000 to begin this work.
So far the total raised by September 2018 for the hall is £14000. As a result we have now begun the process of refurbishment – but still need more funding for the project to be completed.
The Purbeck Hall renovation project has so far:
- Redecoration of the front of the hall
- New state of the art audio system
What is still required:
- Lighting rig and lights
- Projector and screen
- New curtains at the front and back of the hall
As indicated at the top of the page if you able to donate – even a small amount – it would greatly help and support the school in its goal to update the school hall.
Chairman of The Purbeck School Development Trust
To donate to the Trust
Sort code 60-22-45
Account number 72101814
Or send a cheque to the school payable to The Purbeck School Development Trust
If possible please sign and return the Gift Aid form to the school