You are not required to wear uniform in the Sixth Form but there are guidelines concerning clothes and accessories. You should wear clothes which are suitable for studying in and would be classed as ‘smart / casual’. The school is a working environment so carefully consider what is appropriate, this means that clothing should be smart and modest and worn with dignity. Minimal jewellery /accessories should be worn.
- Shorts, skirts and dresses must be on or below the knee
- Shorts must be smart
- Straps on tops/dresses must be wide enough to cover any undergarments and cover the shoulder.
You are NOT permitted to wear the following items as they are considered inappropriate and do not present a professional image:-
- Very short shorts, skirts or dresses —with or without tights/leggings
- Leggings can only be worn if there is a skirt or dress covering them to mid thigh length
- Cropped and/or strappy or strapless tops/very low tops
- Clothing containing inappropriate slogans
- Flip flops
- Jogging bottoms
- Ripped clothing
- Board shorts
- Inappropriate jewellery, including very obvious facial piercings
- Hair must be a natural colour
There may be occasions when an item or manner of dress not listed above is deemed inappropriate, in these circumstances a member of the Sixth Form team or your tutor will speak to you. There may also be occasions when very formal dress code is required.
If you are in any doubt speak to your tutor/member of the Sixth Form team.