Pupil Premium Guarantee
Dear Purbeck families,
The Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) was introduced to provide funding for:
- Raising the attainment of disadvantaged students of all abilities to reach their potential.
- Supporting children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces.
Publicly-funded schools in England get extra funding from the government to help them improve the attainment of their disadvantaged students. It is up to school leaders to decide how to spend the pupil premium. The Purbeck School has created the Pupil Premium Guarantee to enhance and extend our current provision to make sure that students mare not disadvantaged in any way.
Information on eligibility can be found on our school website.
Pupil Premium Guarantee
At The Purbeck School, for all Pupil Premium students, our Pupil Premium Guarantee includes:
- £100 per child per academic year to go towards the cost of uniform, equipment, trips and activities. To request support for funding, please complete our online form. All requests will be treated with the strictest confidence by Mrs Katie Ayres-Turner, our Business Manager.
- Guaranteed access to a personal laptop to aid with home and remote learning. To apply, please complete the form at https://forms.office.com/r/VTG9SarUHG.
- Guaranteed access to a GCSE Study Pack (for all Y10/11 students), complete with quality revision guides and workbooks for each subject, or Knowledge Organisers (for all Y7-9 students), which can supplement both class and home learning.
- Guaranteed access to diagnostic assessments to identify gaps in learning, such as Lucid screening and exam concessions assessments. For more information, please contact Ms Alls, our SENDCO (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Guaranteed access to Study Plus, our after-school academic support sessions, to help catch up on learning, self-quiz, complete home learning and self-directed study.
- Guaranteed access to a Careers Adviser for advice and guidance at key points in their education. To book an appointment, please contact Mrs Beale (email@example.com).
- Guaranteed access to a Learning Mentor to receive bespoke individual pastoral support and mentoring, where required, such as attendance, behaviour, emotional, mental health and wellbeing. For more information, please contact Mrs Stevens, our Inclusion Lead (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Guaranteed access to more able events and activities, motivational and careers-based opportunities, such as visits to university and local businesses, where appropriate. For more information, please contact Mrs Bartlett, our More Able Coordinator (email@example.com)
At The Purbeck School, for all Looked-after and previously looked-after children, our Pupil Premium Guarantee also includes:
- Guaranteed access to our Mentoring Programme to improve performance by supporting organisation, relationships, home learning and attendance. This is led by Emma Wetherall, Designated Teacher (firstname.lastname@example.org).
At The Purbeck School, for all Service Premium students, our Pupil Premium Guarantee also includes:
- Guaranteed access to a Service Childs Support Worker (email@example.com) to offer pastoral support during challenging times and to help mitigate the negative impact of family mobility or parental deployment.
Our commitment to every student
Evidence shows that children from disadvantaged backgrounds generally face extra challenges in reaching their potential at school and often do not perform as well as their peers.
The Purbeck School works hard to ensure ALL students achieve their potential. All students are consistently monitored and if anyone is underperforming, they will also get the benefits listed above to improve their performance. The Pupil Premium Grant has allowed the school to add extra capacity to work that we are already doing so that we can help more students improve their progress and the exam results they achieve.
The Purbeck School