Parent Governor Election
Thursday 12th November, 2020
Dear Parent/Carer,Parent Governor Election
The Instrument of Government for the school provides for parents and carers of registered pupils to be members of the governing body. One vacancy currently exists and you are very welcome to put your name forward should you wish to stand for election.
All parents and carers are eligible to stand for election, except
• Persons liable to be detained under the Mental Health Act 1983
• Undischarged bankrupts
• Persons recently convicted of a serious offence
• Persons disqualified under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986
• Persons subject to disqualification as a Charity Trustee
• Persons whose employment is prohibited or restricted
• Persons disqualified from being proprietors of independent schools
• Persons on the DfES List 99 (this is a list of people banned from working with children)
Information about how the Governing Body works can be found on the school website under INFORMATION on the drop-down menu on the home page.
If you would like to put your name forward, please click on the link below and submit your details by:
Thursday, 26th November 2020.
You may like to write a brief factual statement about yourself (not an ‘election address’, please, and not exceeding 200 words) and return it with this form. Should an election be necessary I will circulate to voters your statement and those of other candidates.
Clerk to the Governors