‘Options and Choices’ Drama Presentation
On Thursday 11th July we were fortunate to have Enact Solutions come into the Purbeck School and give their ‘Options and Choices’ drama presentation to our Year 8 students.
This fun and engaging presentation, presented by Will and Jenny, was informative and fun and the main key messages were aimed at helping students to:-
- Realise for themselves the importance of choosing their options and making the most of their choices
- Know where to go and who to talk to for help, guidance and support
- Understand the decisions they make now really can affect their future
- Realise the importance of a broad-based education
- Understand the value of staying in learning
- Be aware of all pathways available to them in KS4
- Identify potential barriers in choosing the right learning route for them and ways in which these can be overcome
The following feedback received from students:-
“I enjoyed it because I found out that there are lots of different careers you can achieve from one subject”
“It was an entertaining way of helping us to choose our subjects”
“It helps us to be less confused, and that someone is there to help us choose our GCSEs”
Our thanks to Will and Jenny from Enact Solutions for their fantastic performance and also to Bournemouth University for funding the event.