Message from the Headteacher
The Department for Education made a number of announcements yesterday that affect the way in which all students will return to school following the Christmas holidays. All secondary schools and colleges nationally will operate a staggered return in order to provide additional testing around the country.
Therefore, I wanted to write to clarify the situation.
- Year 11 and Year 13 students will return to school, as before, on Tuesday 5th January. Lessons will be running absolutely normally for them.
- For Year 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 students, lessons will be delivered online from Tuesday 5th January until Friday 8th January.
- We will be setting work through Microsoft Teams, as we did during the lockdown.
- Teachers have set clear instructions as to how these lessons will be delivered.
- Students will need to log on to Teams to access the work, and they will be expected to follow their normal timetable.
- Year 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 students will return to school as normal on Monday 11th January
- If you are unsure how to access Teams, then please use the helpsheet that is on the school website here https://www.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk/information/it-help/teams/
- To find out where you can access more help for each subject area, please use the information available on the school website here https://www.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk/information/the-purbeck-school-response-to-covid-19/
- The school will remain open for children who are class as ‘vulnerable’ and students who have parents as key workers.
- If you do not have a device to access Teams, then please do contact our school office.
We will do our very best to ensure that the education of your child is not disrupted during the week beginning Tuesday 5th January. I do apologise for such a lot of information at the end of term, but we were only informed of this ourselves yesterday afternoon.
Please also remember that if your son/daughter tests positive for Covid and had related symptoms on Saturday 19th or Sunday 20th December, then you should contact the school (firstname.lastname@example.org) and inform us (up until Christmas eve) so that we can track close contacts.
Can I once again take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and peaceful New Year.