The SIMS Parent App will help you to stay up-to-date with your child’s school life as well as support your child’s development and progress. You will have immediate access to:
- School term, inset dates and contact details
- Notifications to remind you about important information such as key dates for your diary
- Attendance data for your child
- Student timetables
- Access your child’s Progress Reports
- Achievement and behaviour data and notifications
- Extra-curricular activities
- Notifications and details of your child’s homework
- Access to update your contact details, so we always have the most up-to-date information in case of emergency
If you have more than one child at The Purbeck School, you’ll have access to information for all your children, from the same app.
SIMS Parent replaces Moodle, which many parents have used for the last few years. The App compliments the use of mobile technology and is more suited to Smartphones and Tablet devices, something which our old system lacked. If you are currently using Moodle you will still be able to access this for a little while, however the system is due to be completely phased out towards the end of 2020.
You will not be able to use your Moodle username and password to log onto the new SIMS Parent App. Instead you will need to link either a Microsoft (Hotmail, Outlook.com, Office 365), Twitter, Facebook or Google Account to your SIMS Parent account. This will mean that you don’t have to remember another set of usernames and passwords, however please remember that if the account you have linked with SIMS Parent is ever compromised, to ensure the safety of your data you must take action to secure your account by following the advice and instructions of your account provider. Additionally, password resets for these accounts will have to be dealt directly with the account provider.
Getting started with the SIMS Parent app
- We will send you an activation email – simply click on the link from your tablet, PC or smartphone to activate your account.
- You can then login using your normal Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft username and password.
- From your smartphone or tablet, download the app from the Google Play or Apple App store – search for SIMS
- From a PC or Windows phone, login online at www.sims-parent.co.uk
To request an invite, or for help getting started with SIMS Parent please email the school office firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that your activation email is unique to you and should not be used by anyone else. If you have not notified us about others requiring parental responsibility, simply make the request within the app and we will issue an activation email.
For more information follow the links below: