Welcome to The Nest
If students are worried, concerned or having difficulties then they can visit the Nest to talk to one of our staff. The Nest team are available to support all our students whatever the issue may be.
You will find below information about some of the areas the Nest supports.
- Behaviour – We believe that all students have the right to an education. This right, however, is also a responsibility and every student must play their part in working together to help create the best possible learning conditions, both inside and outside of the classroom.
We work collaboratively with our students, parents, carers, staff and Governors to create a strong school ethos which enables all students to thrive and achieve their potential.
We have a graduated approach to supporting pupils who find managing the school environment difficult and Personal Inclusion Plans (PIPs) to help identify and remove barriers to learning.
- Attendance – Good attendance makes a huge difference to pupil’s ability to thrive and attain at school. We work closely with parents/career and the local authority to ensure students attend school regularly.
- Wellbeing Provision – There are times when every student struggles to manage life events and emotions. We have a raft of graduated interventions that can support our students as they journey through their school lives Follow the link to view the process we follow in these instances.
- Resources We have a range of resources, on many topics and issues that we know affect our pupils. Please click here to find useful contact details for local support services.
- Safeguarding – Follow this link to our Safeguarding Policy. The COVID 19 addendum to the Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
Contact the Nest: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nest Team
|Mrs R Stevens
|Mrs C Smith
Senior Learning Mentor
Attendance and Safeguarding Lead, Deputy Safeguarding Lead.