Welcome to the Pastoral team homepage.
The Purbeck School prides itself on academic achievement but also understand the importance that pupil’s behaviour, attendance and wellbeing plays in achieving young peoples’ potential. Therefore, we have a dedicated team to support with these needs. Please click on the links below for information and support.
We hope you find this page useful. However, we know that nothing beats a conversation, so please give us a call and we will do our best to help.
For enquiries that relate to Special Educational Needs, please contact Carly Watson (SENCO) in Aim High
- Behaviour – At The Purbeck School, we believe that all students have the same equal right to an education. This right, however, is also a responsibility and every student must play their part in working together to help create the best possible learning conditions, both inside and outside of the classroom. We seek to work collaboratively with our students, parents, carers, and governors to create a strong school ethos which enables all students to thrive and achieve their ambitions.We have a graduated approach to supporting pupils who find managing the school environment difficult and a link to our Personal Inclusion Plan process can be found here. Follow this link to our Behaviour Policy.
- Attendance – The Purbeck School is committed to providing a full and efficient education to all pupils and embraces the concept of equal opportunities for all. We will endeavour to provide an environment where all pupils feel valued and welcome. Follow the link for all things Attendance.
- Wellbeing Provision – The Purbeck School prides itself on high expectations of its school community members. We know, that in order to achieve this we must also pride ourselves on our high level of support for those members. Therefore, in the instance that someone is finding things difficult, or we notice that someone is finding things difficult, we aim to support them through this. Follow the link to view the process we follow in these instances.
- Your views – We are always interested in what you have to say about the support of students at The Purbeck School. Follow this link to complete our Wellbeing Survey.
- Resources We have a range of resources, on many topics and issues that we know affect our pupils. Please click here to find useful contact details for local support services.
- Safeguarding – Follow this link to our Safeguarding Policy.
- Events and information – The next event is a Coffee Morning (date to be confirmed)