Minutes Parent Council – Meeting #1 – Wednesday 23rd October 2018
- Mr Morris spoke about individual school results and the destinations and performances of individual students.
- Mr Morris discussed the A level Quality indicator scores and how the school is categorised as Outstanding. Questions were answered about how the ALPS scores are calculated.
- Mr Morris spoke about the performance of individual students and then the progress of different sub groups at the school.
- There were discussions about the gaps in performance between gender.
- It was discussed that there was an increase in attainment this academic year in comparison.
- Mr Morris explained why the P8 scores published on the DFE website are currently inaccurate and how it will be updated.
- Mr Morris spoke about the individual subject areas and how they performed in the GCSE examinations.
- Mr Morris spoke about the national issues with Health and Social Care examinations and how these national issues affected the students at the schools.
- Mr Morris spoke about the CPD that is going to be put in place across the school to support boys achievement.
- Mr Morris spoke about the SPI measurement and how it is similar to progress 8 measurements but for individual subject areas.
- Mr Morris spoke about key development for 2019/20 including curriculum design and creating opportunities for students.
- Mr Morris spoke about teaching for mastery and curriculum design principles; Rosenshine’s principles of instruction.
- Issues with the buses were discussed.
Academic Year 2017/18