At The Purbeck School we meet the needs of higher and advanced performance students with a broad range of opportunities both in and outside the classroom.
Extension and Enrichment within the Curriculum
- All schemes of work indicate appropriate extension resources and materials for use with higher and advanced performance students in lessons.
- All members of staff make full use of THE PURBECK LEARNING TREE in their planning and teaching.
- Gifted mathematicians have the opportunity to complete an extra GCSE in Further Mathematics. Further Mathematics is available as an A Level option.
- All subjects share designated enrichment components for use with higher and advanced performance students in their schemes of work.
- PE department run an extensive range of additional clubs plus The Purbeck Sports Ambassadors Programme.
Enrichment extra-curricular opportunities
- STEM Engineering Club in which students are building two 3D printers.
- Lunch time clubs including debating, fossil and drama
- Ancient Civilisation classes (2014)
- Participation in the school bands
- Participation in special projects e.g. National Trust/WW1/DEFRA
- Debating Club (attend debating competitions)
- Medical Club.
There are ILPs for dual-registered students. Students with a triple mean CAT score of more than 138 are identified as exceptionally able and teachers and parents are informed of their status.