At The Purbeck School, we want to support all students so that they are successful and achieve their potential.
Healthy school food has obvious health benefits and can help pupils establish healthy habits for life. Healthy school food can also help to improve pupils’ readiness to learn.
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals. Your child is eligible for free school meals if you’re in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, before benefits are taken into account.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Registering for free meals will raise additional money is available from central government for The Purbeck School to fund valuable support like extra classes, additional staff and specific interventions.
To check if your child is eligible, we need information about you and your child. Please complete this online form.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, then there are also other additional benefits to your child. These are outlined in our school Pupil Premium Guarantee.
The Purbeck School uses a cashless dining system. This system identifies where a student has been registered for free school meals.
If you have any queries, then please contact the main office firstname.lastname@example.org.