Take a Tour
How to apply for a place at The Purbeck School
If you are considering The Purbeck School for your child in September 2021 and would like to receive correspondence from us, please register your interest here and we will keep you updated with all information and events over the coming year.
The Purbeck School has been oversubscribed for Year 7 places for the last two years, so in order to be guaranteed a place applying early is crucial.
You can apply online via https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/ from 1 September 2020. The closing date is 31 October 2020.
Before you apply:
- if your child has an education, health and care (EHC) plan contact the 0 to 25 SEND assessment team, full information is available via the above link
- if you live in Dorset, and pay your Council Tax to Dorset Council, apply to Dorset Council for a secondary school place. You can check your local council area, also via the above link
- read the admissions policy The Purbeck School, this can be found on our website; purbeck.dorset.sch.uk
- check Dorset’s Local Offer for information on support for children with special educational needs and disabilities
How Dorset Council tell you about an offer of a school place
Dorset Council send out offers for all on-time applications for children starting secondary by email if you have applied online or by second class post on 1 March 2021.
You will also receive the following information about your transport entitlement.
What to do when you have a school place offer
Dorset Council automatically assume acceptance, but do ask parents and carers to respond to the school place offer by 15 March 2021 for on-time applications, and 12 April 2021 for late applications. Dorset Council only ask you to respond if you wish to either:
- decline the place offered, you must give us the reason why
- ask for your child to go on a waiting list
You can only request for your child to be added to a particular school’s waiting list if you’ve already applied for this school and been refused a place at it.
Data Collection Sheet (docx)
Data Collection Sheet (pdf)
Consent Form (docx)
Consent Form (pdf)
The current Pupil Admission Number for The Purbeck School is 188