Free School Meals Letter – Only for Parents NOT already in receipt of FSM
Is Your Child Eligible for Free School Meals?
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you feel you could be eligible for free school meals, please:
- telephone Dorset County Council on 01305 221014
- or go to the website: dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/-/free-school-meals
You will need to provide your National Insurance number and your child’s date of birth.
For more information on how our school supports children eligible for Free School Meals, please visit Pupil Premium – The Purbeck School.
The Purbeck School