Coronavirus Information Update
It is obviously a concerning time for all of us regarding the Coronavirus and I wanted to write to assure you that we are doing everything that we can as a school to mitigate any spread of the virus. As yet we have had no direct confirmed cases linked to the school that we are aware of, and we are following all the advice of Public Health England and the Department for Education. However, it is clearly an evolving situation and one which could change day by day.
As a school we have ensured the following:
- The students have been informed of the Public Health advice regarding hand washing and hygiene.
- That soap dispensers are full and available for use.
- Ensured that hand sanitiser gel is available in the front reception area.
- Ensured that our cleaning contractors clean all door handles and multi touch areas of the school daily.
- Ensured that in the event of a school closure there is an online platform for students to access – this is currently designed specifically for examination groups Yr10 -13 – but can be extended further if required.
- Followed Public Health England and the Department for Education’s latest advice.
We have also taken the decision to postpone none essential events that would possibly bring large numbers of people together. As a result, we will postpone the Year 10 parents’ evening that was planned for next Thursday (a new date will be confirmed) and cancel the upcoming Science Fair that was due to take place on Saturday 28th March.
We do have a number of trips due to leave from the school in the coming months. We will have to take the advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the insurance companies about whether these can and should still be run. At present, the ski trip to the USA and the Battlefields trip to Belgium/France are still going ahead.
As always, we appreciate your support during this difficult time and if you have any questions then please do not hesitate to get in touch. As I mentioned earlier in this letter, it is a changing situation and we will endeavour to keep you as up to date with any decisions that are likely to change the normal routines of the school.