Christmas Jumper Day!
Dear Parents & Carers,
Traditionally on the last day of the Autumn Term our Sixth Formers hold a charity dress up day. This year it does have to be slightly different, however the students are preparing their costumes to celebrate the end of term, their progress through what has been a really challenging time and in particular, they are raising money for charity.
We would like students in Years 7-11 to contribute to the charity fundraising by wearing a Christmas Jumper over their uniform, coloured socks and or a Christmas Tie. We ask them to bring in a £1 donation to support The Lexi May Trust – a charity supporting children with terminal illnesses in Dorset.
We are also holding a food bank collection this year for our local Swanage food bank. As we near Christmas, more families are turning to these as a result of job losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the food banks are relying on donations more than ever. We’re asking for everyone who can, to bring in an item by the 16th of December. If students can give the donations to their tutors. Please see the list of items suitable for donation:
- Food / Drink – tinned food, pasta, rice, UHT milk, tea, coffee, fruit juice, biscuits
- Toiletries – deodorant, toilet paper, shower gel, shaving gel, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, tooth paste, hand wipes
- Household items – laundry liquid detergent, laundry powder, washing up liquid
- Feminine products – sanitary towels and tampons
- Baby supplies – nappies, baby wipes and baby food
- Face masks and hand sanitiser
Thank you for your support,
Head of Sixth Form/Assistant Headteacher